Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So today I went to get my passport photo....I'm really doing it. I'm going to fly for the first time in my life this coming January. Yes, I'm scared out of my mind. But I know my Jesus is watching over me and my life is in His hands. I'm flying with Continental Airlines on a direct flight from Newark NJ to Costa Rica..... Soooo if you all will please pray for me to be calm and trust God I would really appreciate it. The prof for the trip has been soooo nice though telling me he will talk to me about any anxieties I have. How much of a baby am I huh? I'll be 20 during the time of the trip haha. Anyway are there any fun flying stories anyone wants to share??? SHARE AWAY!!!!


Tonight a bunch of us girls got together to have a cookout. There were probably around 15 of us in all. we grilled chicken and hot dogs. I made my moms famous pasta salad that everyone loved... who knew Italian dressing and noodles would be so popular??? But it was just a fun night to take a break away from studies and have fun with the girls. WE even roasted marshmallows :) Here are some pictures! I have more but it takes so long to put them on the blog haha.

6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Krissy,

Flying is FUN! I'm sure you will enjoy it :) coach is great (even more so when your legs are the length of yours ;) be nice to the flight attendants and they will be nice to you. Airplane isn't as bad as people say it is! Ask for the 'bulk head' row for a little extra leg room AND no one putting there seat down and up while you are trying to eat. Bring gum to chew on the take-off and landing, it'll help your ears! I'll try and come up with some airplane stories... the trouble is they mostly happen at the airport, not in the air!

ukrainiac said...

I'm so proud of you, Krissy! Maybe your MOM will get her passport and a ticket to ALSO fly in January. Say, to...Ukraine!!

Anonymous said...

Well, flying is ok-I can't say I love it but it is interesting. I like the FREE stuff-the socks, the mini-toothbrush. I'm guessing yu'll get stuff since you are flying out of the country. I think we don't like it 'cuz we feel out of control. Someone else is driving. Someone, say, the age of Ben! Not very comforting.
I will admit, I even like the food-but I pretty much like food anywhere:-)

Trish said...

Krissy, I am so very proud of you for giving your fear to God and trusting Him to take care of you. You know I'll be praying for you. I guess I have a little to learn from you, daughter ;).....

And Marianna, I've had my passport for several years now.....

linnea said...

i think you will love flying!!

flying is always a special treat for me. I LOVE airports . . I know you will too!

one of the best parts, and i just bet you will love it too, is the passing out of free snacks, drinks and sometimes even better stuff (which you will probably get since you are going out of the country).

I ALWAYS get the cranberry juice!!! (on the rare occasion ginger ale).

and the movies are fun too!!

oh man. . .i'm so excited for you. and you get to fly with friends!!

love ya

kibbe said...

One time Thom and I were on a flight to California, in a row of 3 seats. The woman next to us was indian and had boxes shoved under her seat and both of ours which were eminating curry, curry and more curry. I've always believed she had a goat in one of the boxes too...It truly stunk like that...We asked the stewardess if she could please store them in luggage since only 1 carry on was allowed, but she said it was too late, the plane was getting ready to taxi, and there were no seats available to move elsewhere. it was dreadful hours upon hours long flight. But I guess it makes for an interesting story now. Have no fears, the good thing about all the restrictions these days is that this could never happen now! other than that i've always adored flying...Kate