Friday, September 04, 2009

Right now

I'm at a point

beyond exhaustion.


Everyday

I hold back tears

that are inevitably coming.


Someday

I'll see that light

at the end of this dark tunnel.


But today

I can just hold on

And pray I'll make it through-

Right Now.


Everyone has always said your first year of teaching is the hardest. I expected it. But there are just some things that you can't be prepared for.

Please pray that I will continue to love what I'm doing ... and that my enthusiasm will outweigh my exhaustion. That my 12 hours a day in the classroom will pay off. That my countless hours planning at home will be evident in the implementation of my lessons.

And most importantly, that i will reach each child where they are at, and help them achieve what I know is in each one of them.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, Krissy, how I can relate! Teaching is hard, especially when you are conscientious, hard-working, caring, and sweet, like you. You want to do your best and you want to impact every child in a forever way; there are not enough hours in the day, it seems, and it is so tiring! I saw pictures of your impeccably, irresistably, super-creativily decorated room. What beauty! What awe I felt. Please, in your darkest moments, remember how special you are, how GIFTED you are to be doing just what you are. God had this in mind before the beginning of time, and you are just perfect for this task at this time. I know those kids and their parents will be blessed for having known you this year. I will be praying for you and have been. It may not seem like it in the midst of this time, but you WILL get through this; I suspect you may even start enjoying it at some time during the year! May Jesus grant you HIS strength, His wisdom, His peace, His rest, His love, His perseverance. May He encourage your heart in tangible ways and make Himself very real to you. May you look and see and be able not just to confess, but actually to know and feel how He has brought you through. May He comfort you through His people, too. We all know you can and will do it! Oh, and may He also show you where you can find times of recreation and refreshing, letting some things get finished another day or more quickly than you thought. Oh, dear Lord Jesus, touch Krissy in a special way today even and let Her feel your love and kindness! Love you, Mrs. Harr

Anonymous said...

Well said! Dittoes and I will pray!